Your wedding will be a romantic, winter wonderland when you use Christmas wedding decorations. If you’re planning a Christmas wedding, decorating supplies will be plentiful. In fact, holiday decorations are inexpensive and readily available; beautifying the church and place of reception for a yuletide wedding can be done in a manner fitting almost any budget.
Elegant Christmas Colors
Even if you’re having a Christmastime wedding, you’re not limited to decorating with red and green. Try one of these elegant color combinations that are fitting during December:
- Champagne and red
- Black and white/ivory
- Evergreen and gold
- Silver or gold and plum purple
- Maroon and gold
- Sage and brown
Using a slightly different color combination during the holidays will be an unexpected touch to your wedding. It also helps keep the wedding from becoming too over-the-top if you want a more understated Christmas theme.
Christmas Church Decorations
Many churches have Christmas decorations up all ready. However, you can always add to the existing decorations by using these festive ideas:
- Poinsettias make lovely Christmas decorations for inside the church. Line the aisle with pots of red and white poinsettias and place several at the altar as well.
- Use fragrant fresh greenery on the pews instead of bows and ribbon. Wrap evergreen branches around hurricane vase candleholders and over balconies.
- A big red bow can mark the entrance to each pew. In the center of each bow glue a plastic golden cherub or a silver-colored musical note.
- Intertwine small white holiday lights around railings and balconies for a merry, yet elegant display and don’t forget candles. If candles are real, keep them away from flammable decor; otherwise, use LED candles. For a bit of color, select colored lights and slide silk flower blooms like poinsettias or roses over the tiny bulbs. Shop the catalog at Fairies World for lots of good light choices.
- On a communion table, pay homage to the Christmas story by displaying a tabletop manger scene. Buy handcrafted manger scenes at Christmas Mangers.
Don’t forget to add a little sparkle to the outside of the church, too. Greet guests with a large evergreen wreath, complete with bow in your holiday wedding colors. Drape bushes with light netting, or place luminaries along the sidewalk leading up to the entrance.
Trim a Wedding Tree
Deck the reception hall with a lighted Christmas tree or two. This will make an elegant focal point for the room and ornaments can follow the theme or color scheme of your wedding. Christmas wedding decorations can be done for little money; you can even pick up ornaments at dollar and discount stores store. Use these ideas for trimming a wedding tree.
- Ask the wedding guests to bring an ornament to give the new couple.
- Tuck silk versions of flowers from the wedding bouquet into the tree
- Provide small baskets of ornaments for guests to carry home as thank you gifts or leave on the tree.
- Glass pickle ornaments are traditional German gifts. After the tree is decorated, the pickle is hidden. The wedding party gathers around the tree. The first person to recognize the hidden pickle receives an extra gift.
Instead of a gift table, incorporate wedding presents into the decor by placing them under one of the Christmas trees. Just don’t forget to have someone take them home when the reception ends.
Christmas Wedding Table Decor
Table decor and centerpieces should also follow the holiday theme. Linens, such as tablecloths and napkins, should be in your holiday colors. Christmas centerpiece ideas include:
- Purchase a small wreath or two for each table. In the center of each wreath, place a thick, colorful round holiday candle which will be lit just before the reception begins, giving the room an elegant glow.
- Arrange plastic or glass angels around the tabletop wreaths.
- Baskets filled with pinecones or gold and silver or metallic red or green Christmas ornaments will also fit in with your Christmas wedding decoration theme.
Deck the Halls
Additional ideas for decorating for a Christmas wedding include:
- Drape fresh greens along walls, railings, tables and fireplaces and intertwine these with small white Christmas lights.
- Fake snow can be sprayed on the corners of the windows for a wintry scene, and small evergreen boughs can be randomly strewn on table tops for color.
- Since romance is in the air, hang mistletoe in various locations around the room, or at least over the bride and groom’s table.
- Deck the halls with stuffed Christmas stockings. Hang the stockings at the wedding reception table. Fill each stocking with small gifts, one stocking for the bride and one for the groom.
- Decorate the wedding cake with small ornaments, ribbons or candy canes.
- Send guests home withe favors of an elegant engraved Christmas ornament or candle. For an environmentally conscious gift, you can give your guests an evergreen seedling to be taken home and planted.
Shop for unique wedding decorations at Robert Moore’s Christmas Town. Buy wedding decorations especially made for a Christmas themed wedding at Beau Coup.
Cheery Christmas Decorations
If your wedding falls during the holiday season, use the holiday to your advantage by incorporating Christmas wedding decorations into your wedding. It’s festive, it’s elegant and your guests will remember it for years to come.