Mitsumata branches are adorned with timeless black and white hues in the pre-made silk kissing balls with a little glamor found in the pearl ornament spray strung from the branches.
The mitsumata branches are 4 feet tall, their stature in this arrangement is simply gorgeous. Guests will feel as though they walked into an enchanted forest, right in your own fairytale wedding. Pair this DIY wedding centerpiece with softy lit votive candles, twinkle lights and draped tulle or tulle tied chair backs to complete your glamorous wedding look.
Let’s Make This Centerpiece:
Before making this DIY wedding centerpiece you need to start with:
- tall, glass vase
- decorative rocks
- mitsumata branches sold by the case
- 3-4 pre-made kissing balls (white rose pomander and fluffy ball in black)
- pearl ornament strands
- adhesive tape or glue
Next I’m going to outline the 4 easy steps it takes to create this gorgeous black and white sphere wedidng centerpiece, with a a few tips discussed in between steps.
- Place the 3-4 mitsumata branches in the center of the vase, holding them in the center with one hand.
- With your other hand pour in the deco. rocks, filling the vase an inch or so from the top.
- Once the rocks are in gently move the branches into the arrangement you desire. Obviously they need to be balanced to keep the arrangement from falling over but they still will allow for a little play with their placement.
- Decorate the branches with pre-made silk kissing balls (2-3 white rose pomander, 2-3 fluffy in black) and decorative pearl ornament stands to complete the arrangement. Slide each kissing ball onto the branch, catching them where you’d like them placed. Use an adhesive or double sided tape to secure in place, repeat with the pearl strands.
You really can get this high-end, big look in 4 easy steps! Don’t over think the arrangement of the decorative elements, the silk kissing balls and pearl strands.
Mix it Up
Are you in love with this centerpiece but not quite sure how to fit it into your wedding theme and color scheme? Mix it up. For a dramatic, gothic look opt for red rose silk kissing balls paired with the fluffy in black and pearl strands. For a winter wonderland theme use silver deco. rocks, white and blue kissing balls and crystal decorative strands.
Stop back Saturday for the black and white wedding theme post, classic beauty and glamor, featuring this DIY wedding centerpiece.